Location: Larchmont Temple
419 1/4 Larchmont Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90004
Next class coming in January 2019 at Ananda West LA
Whether you want to teach meditation, or simply deepen your understanding and experience of meditation, this power-packed course is for you! This in-depth study of the stages of meditation, the techniques and attitudes for focusing the mind, relaxing the body and calming the emotions, will give you valuable tools to assist others with their meditation.
This in-depth exploration of meditation includes practice and study of:
- 3-phases of meditation: relaxation, concentration, and expansion of awareness
- Core pranayamas (breathing exercises), why and how to use them?
- The power of creative visualizations
- The effect and importance of chanting and mantra
- Art and science of observing the breath
- How to shift from “doing” to “being” in meditation
- What is the most important aspect of meditation?
- 8-Fold path of meditation
- Advanced techniques: where, when, how, and why?
- Quieting the mind
- Are beliefs necessary?
- Meditation for all reasons: from health to heaven!
- How to deal with the G-word?
- Review and practice of floor sitting and chair sitting positions
- Overcoming resistance, sleepiness, & other common challenges
- Art of interpreting meditative experiences
- How to awaken devotion?
- Counseling students
- Use of audio and visual aids in teaching
- How to lead a guided meditation
- Step by step meditation routines
- Places to teach
- Speaking techniques
- How to speak from inspiration
Prerequisites and Eligibility
To enroll or for more information contact Narayan or Dharmadevi at 310-396-9900, or email: Narayan@anandala.org.
To be eligible to take Meditation Teacher Training you must have a consistent daily meditation practice. While most recognized meditation techniques are eligible, some of the training and discussions in the teacher training will focus on the breath awareness style taught by Ananda. In general however the topics are applicable to all core meditation styles.
The Meditation Teacher Training program requires completion of the Art & Science of Raja Yoga. For more information, click here.
Students will receive a certificate of completion from Ananda LA after successful completion and attendance at all sessions. Inquire if you have a schedule conflict. Out of class commitments include reading of the manual, written homework, personal practice.